Happy Saturday! Last week I went on a marathon food making session for my increasingly picky little angel, which was much needed. To tell the truth, my success came in varying degrees from ice cold (Veggie Burgers) to luke warm (Green Veggie Pancakes) to hotsy-totsy-making-a-batch-every-week (these MIni Turkey Meatloaves.) I’ll share all these recipes here next week, but I thought today I’d give you what the goods were in this house, these delightful little meatloaves. They’re made in a muffin tin and packed full of lean protein and veggies so they’re perfect for your little one’s lunch or dinner. I served River’s with some red sauce, since lately he will eat basically anything as long as (and ONLY) if it’s totally doused in the stuff. Enjoy them!
MINI TURKEY MEATLOAF
*makes 12 mini meatloaves
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp worcestershire
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients except for the parmesan. With your hands mix ingredients very well until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full with the meatloaf mixture, packing it down with a spoon or your fingers. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake on center rack for about 20 minutes or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Cool and serve.