Happy hump day! I’ve been feeling so stuck in a rut lately with poor River and his dinners. This morning I was feeling inspired to remedy this rut situation so I made a whole bunch of stuff that I can pop in the freezer and take out every day. These Sweet Potato Apple Pancakes I made first and while I was making everything else, I gave River one for his morning snack. It was a hit, so I thought I’d share this recipe with you first. Of course, as with pretty much everything I make for River, these are delicious for anyone, including adults and would be a lovely addition to a dinner or brunch as a side dish. Hope your little ones (and you) enjoy them as much as mine (and I) did!
SWEET POTATO APPLE PANCAKES
(makes about 9 patties)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup self rising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vegetable or olive oil
- In a large bowl add sweet potato, apple, flours, eggs, garlic powder and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake in the pan and press flat with the back of spoon. Cook for about 5 minutes then flip and cook about 5 additional minutes on the other side.
- Remove patties from heat and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil and cool.