Holy health nuts, batman! This is one of the recipes I’ve made recently for River that he has absolutely scarfed down. Probably because it seems to him like a mini muffin (aka: carbs) and as I’ve previously mentioned about my little guy, he’s a carb king. These little bites are teeny flavorful and pack a punch of super nutritious spinach and quinoa. Enjoy!
CHEESY SPINACH QUINOA BITES
*makes about 36 bites
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped frozen spinach, thawed and dried
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together quinoa, eggs, spinach, cheese, garlic, shallot, flour, salt and pepper until very well combined
- Spoon mixture into the cups of a mini muffin tin, pressing down with the back of the spoon or your fingers. Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.