Hello all! Today I’m continuing my contributions to your healthy kitchen by sharing my Veggie Burger recipe. It’s made primarily with chick peas and packs a lot of veggies in each bite so give it a whirl for either your dinner or your little ones!
*makes about 8 large burgers
- 1 15 oz. can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 stems flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- vegetable or olive oil
- In a food processor blend the chickpeas, carrot, garlic, onion, parsley and eggs until smooth.
- Add chickpea mixture to large bowl and mix with bread crumbs and salt.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Place a 1/4 cup of the mixture in your hands and roll into a ball. Place in pan and flatten slightly with your fingers of the back of a spoon.
- Cook patties for about 5 minutes, then flip, reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove patties from pan and serve.
These burgers are great served open faced on a whole wheat roll with some shredded lettuce, garlic aioli and mild cheese. Enjoy!