Happy Sunday, everyone! Today I’m sharing a recipe for Green Veggie Pancakes for the mini people in your lives. Full disclosure, this particular recipe did not meet with overwhelming approval from my little guy, but he’s a toddler so I’m not taking it personally or as anything wrong with the recipe, necessarily. I think they’re pretty delicious, and even River came around when I served them to him the third or forth time (with marinara sauce for dipping.) They’re super healthy and quick to pull together, let me know how it goes for you and your minis!
GREEN VEGGIE PANCAKES
*makes about 6 pancakes
- 1 cup broccoli, very finely diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated and finely diced
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp water
- vegetable or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- In a large bowl mix broccoli, zucchini, flour, egg, garlic, basil, parsley, water and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. When oil is hot spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter per pancake into the pan, top each pancake with a pinch of the grated Parmesan.
- Cook pancakes about 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from pan and place onto a towel lined plate to drain oil.
Serve either plain or with a dipping sauce like yogurt sauce or marinara. Enjoy!