In the interest of getting to know one another and to get a deeper understanding (for myself) of what I want to do with this blog, I thought I’d explore with you some of the stuff I love and hate. It’s important stuff.
- Mass Transit (True story, you run across some very interesting folks on the subway.)
- Cooking experiments in my kitchen
- Online shopping (Truly, Amazon Prime is one of the best things to ever happen to me.)
- Organizing stuff (I MAY have a slight case of OCD. Maybe.)
- Baked Goods
- Playing with my kid
- Pinterest (This can actually not appear on this list enough times to accurately convey to you how much I really, really, REALLY love it.)
- Talking walks
- New York City
- Downton Abbey (Mary, Cora, Robert, especially Violet, Countess of Grantham. I love you, Maggie Smith.)
- Being in rehearsal
- Red Wine
- Games (Especially Catch Phrase.)
- Cleaning the bathroom (Weird, but true. It’s visibly dirty then visibly clean, immediate satisfaction. I love it.)
- Waking up early (Unfortunate when you have a toddler.)
- Trying clothes on (I get hot, annoyed and sometimes slightly suicidal. It is what it is.)
- When our house is messy (It makes me absolutely crazy. This comes from my mother and so it is not my fault.)
- Baking (Too scientific, if I can’t add as much of stuff as I want I’m not really interested.)
- Cleaning up after my child, the tornado person.
- The news (I don’t care how this makes me sound, it’s true. I read the news but truly, both watching it and reading it makes me sad and crazy in my head.)
- Running (I tried to train myself to like this a while back, but all that accomplished was convincing me that my first instinct was correct, it really is the worst thing ever.)
- Real Housewives of anywhere.
- Parallel Parking (Gives me so much anxiety, which is a real bummer in NYC.)
- Technology (Not all technology, just when I don’t know how to do something, which is often. Technology is just outside of my natural skill set and I’m woman enough to admit it.)
- Doing Laundry
There it is. Awesomeness and not so awesomeness. I’m sure there are a bunch more things that I should share to give you an accurate look at just what you’re dealing with here, but I need to keep some mystery, yes? Also, I can’t think of anymore.
In very slightly related news, I just took a quiz to see what character in Downton Abbey I am and it turns out I am Anna. I’m happy with this. Now you take it (here) and tell me who you are!